Here are a few resources for you to get started.
- A gentle reminder: electricity can kill you. Please be safe, and use extreme caution when working with things that plug into the wall. For safety, rather than using high voltage AC power, we will be working with low-voltage, battery-powered devices/wall warts. However, please still use caution.
- Understanding electricity via Khan Academy.
- How to use a multimeter.
- How to use a breadboard
- Guide to soldering
- Detailed descriptions of basic electronic components you will come across regularly
- A few places to find useful tutorials.
- A few places to check out if you need to order electronic parts online
- A few more places for parts